Today we’re announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.4, which fixes several bugs, improves performance, and adjusts mining policies. With this release, private payments will get relayed and mined faster.
Summary of the changes in this release:
- We fixed a cache invalidation bug that caused some orphaned blocks to trigger node crashes. (#1928)
- We fixed a race condition that inhibited creation of multi-JoinSplit transactions. (#1911)
- We adjusted mining policies to encourage inclusion of transactions containing JoinSplits. (#1895, #1902)
- We improved rescan and reindex performance. (#1892, #1904)
- We improved zk-SNARK verification performance by 7%. (#1919, stats)
- We added additional well-formedness checks for JoinSplit proofs. (#1938)
- We added a fee parameter to z_sendmany. (#1907)
- We added a getlocalsolps RPC method for obtaining the mining rate without the metrics screen. (#1642)
- The Bash completion files were updated to work with zcashd. (#1909)
- The build scripts were extended to make porting Zcash to other platforms easier. (#1905)
- A checkpoint was added at block height 15,000. (#1865)
We’re encouraging all users and miners to update to this new version. See our download page and the 1.0 User Guide for more information.
For a more complete list of changes, see our 1.0.4 GitHub milestone. To follow our progress, watch the GitHub project and join the forum.